TFS Review

Great functionality includes work items, backlogs, source code, build releases, and easy to use

What is our primary use case?

The use case is as our repository for UPS Enterprise and the performance is pretty good.

How has it helped my organization?

It is a big improvement because before we were using PBCS.

What is most valuable?

Build definitions and releases within the product. They allow us to put our latest applications in the field.

What needs improvement?

Right now they are up to standard. All the features that we needed are included currently in TFS, including Git repository which allows our developers to perform their code-testing without impacting by uploading the latest code in TFS. It fits all of our needs.

100 percent stable.

It's completely scalable.

I give technical support a rating of A-plus.

The previous solution was PBCS which was obsolete for our team and that is why the company decided to invest in TFS.

When selecting a vendor what's most important, speaking from a money point of view, is that it be cost effective. It should have good support like Microsoft doing provides with TFS, and be easy to use as well.

Initial setup was straightforward.

The other vendor was HPE but we decided to go with Microsoft.

What other advice do I have?

It has great functionality: work items, backlogs, source code, build releases, and it's easy to use.

TFS is very easy to integrate into your system. It's very easy to follow for any new developers. Also, I would say some 80 percent of developers out there use Visual Studio which is integrated with TFS.