TFS Review

The solution integrates well with most Microsoft products, but it is expensive compared to other project management tools.

What is our primary use case?

Most of our development is .NET based, integrating with GitHub and the code. It has been performing well. This is why we have been using TFS.

How has it helped my organization?

It brings in collaboration between our teams.

What is most valuable?

The biggest value-add is the solution integrates well with most Microsoft products.

What needs improvement?

Since it is Microsoft, it is technology agnostic, thus it does not really fit into various different technologies in the organization.

We are also using Microsoft Teams. The two products function separately. There is not enough collaboration between Microsoft Teams and TFS.

There is no downtime. It is a very stable product.

I would rate scalability as a six out of 10.

I have been with the company only for the last one and half years, and the TFS was already in place. In my previous job, I used a different solution.

I was not involved in the initial setup.

It is pretty expensive compared to other project management tools.

What other advice do I have?

This product choice was influenced by the development team more than any other team due to the development around .NET and its accompanying technologies. The product works best for development teams.

Overall, I would rate this solution a seven out of 10. We have many different teams, and it does not work well for all them, e.g., applications for management tools.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: I look at reviews of the product because these are real companies who have been using this particular product.