TFS Review

The tool is efficiently managing teams by giving management information, but more options could be provided from the perspective of requirements management

What is our primary use case?

We have used TFS as part of our SAFe Agile Implementation.  Major uses of it were:

• Project management
  • Backlog management
  • Issue tracking
  • Source code management.

How has it helped my organization?

TFS was the first system of its type to be implemented in the organization, which helped in managing requirements and multiple teams effectively under a SAFe Agile environment.

What is most valuable?

• Requirements
  • Backlog management
  • Project management

Each tool has the option to prioritize requirements in a backlog pool, assigning them to particular teams and particular iterations. The system has also helped in managing requirements with options to attach supporting documents.

From the project management perspective, the tool is efficiently managing teams by giving management information, such as reports, graphs, velocity, capacity, etc.

What needs improvement?

More options could be provided from the perspective of requirements management, which would help product owners to use the tool effectively.