TFS Review

Good dashboards and Kanban board helps with announcements and collaboration

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is version control.

We use it for ticketing protecting particular items, we use the dashboard, and we use the Kanban board where you can put work items.

The deployment model that we are using is on-premises.

What is most valuable?

I really like the dashboards in this solution. They are good for the team, where you can provide announcements and you can organize it the way you want.

I like the Kanban board. It is very useful in terms of seeing who is working on what and what the current status of work is.

I know that they want to discontinue the version control feature, but I like it because for simple applications, it works.

What needs improvement?

In the next release, I would like them to include integration for various projects, similar to what JIRA has, and they could create this feature on the dashboard.

If they could create a feature to allow us to see the dashboards with all of the products, it would be useful.

I have been using this solution for four years.

This solution is pretty stable. I have not experienced any issues.

This solution is scalable and it is simple.

From my experience, we have loaded a lot of work and we have several branches.

We have perhaps one hundred users, but in my team specifically, we have eight users who are engineers, testers, and a few managers.

We have not contacted technical support because issues are handled by the team internally.

We have not used any other solutions previously. This has been the first one with version control.

We have an internal team that handled the implementation of this solution.

I am currently evaluating JIRA. The management is considering moving everything to JIRA.

What other advice do I have?

This solution is simple to learn. It's straightforward and you don't need a lot of time to learn the functionalities.

I would recommend this solution.