ForeScout Platform Review

You can use it to implement 802.1x on your infrastructure and also have a very granular control of your devices, including shadow devices.

What is most valuable?

The most important feature is that this solution works well without a 802.1x feature. You can use CounterACT to implement that feature and also have a very granular control of your devices, including shadow devices.

How has it helped my organization?

We were searching for a solution that could help us not only to detect and manage unauthorized access, but also to implement 802.1x on our infrastructure. And when we were working to reach that goal, we found other improvements from using CounterACT, such as antivirus installation, P2P control, and shadow IT -- and that's another plus for them.

What needs improvement?

The best improvement they could make would be reporting and better integration with AD. Last but not least, a management web interface would be nice in the next version/release.

We've used it for about a year.

We had no issues with the deployment.

We have an HA cluster in place that works very well. We've had no issues with stability.

We had no issues scaling it for our needs.

Fortunately, for now, we've had no need to call technical support.

We didn't have a NAC solution in place. This is the very first solution we've tried mostly because other solutions have 802.1x as a mandatory requirement.

It was not so easy to deploy in our environment, the learning curve for this solution is quite hard.

From my experience, it is impossible to implement this kind of solution in-house. You need a consultant or a trained person who can do this job.