ThousandEyes Review

Provides an excellent analysis service; extremely reliable

What is our primary use case?

We're in security and video, and Cisco is the main product we use as far as routers and switches. It's all high-end, we do a lot of government work. Right now, we have over 4,500 users, and we've been in business for close to 16 years. 85% of our clients are businesses. At the moment we have 300 users on the cloud, and maybe 30 or 40 cameras. We are resellers and I'm a systems integrator.

What is most valuable?

I think the analysis service that Cisco provides is extremely valuable. Our clients want to be able to grab the video and stream it to their phone, with alarm notifications.

What needs improvement?

Cisco is the standard for anyone wanting something good, the problem with it is the cost and that means that it's not accessible to many smaller companies. It really is a high-end product.

The solution is quite stable, I've never had any problems with it but if there is an issue, then the IT personnel will take care of it. We have a couple of people taking care of maintenance. Usually IT takes care of the hardware and the software, and the administrator is the one that actually deals with the system management and operations.

The solution is quite scalable, we have around 5,000 users in total.

I haven't dealt with technical support but I believe they would provide a good service. With any big company service is probably the most important thing.

The initial setup requires knowledge of the system security.

For now, billing is on an annual basis but it may change to a monthly fee. It's what we would prefer. Whichever way that goes depends on the equipment and service.

What other advice do I have?

There's generally a recommendation to go with Cisco, but most clients don't have the money for that and go for a lower end solution.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

More ThousandEyes reviews from users
...who compared it with Zabbix
Find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, SolarWinds, AppNeta and others in Network Monitoring Software. Updated: July 2021.
523,742 professionals have used our research since 2012.