Thycotic Secret Server Review

A good user interface, helpful support, and it is quite scalable

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this product for password cycling.

What is most valuable?

What I like best about this product is the interface.

What needs improvement?

I think that the main interface should integrate better with non-standard applications and clients, to connect with other systems. This would help to create a safe connection with non-standard systems.

I would like the capability to assign rights directly to the target system. This is a different topic because, at this point, it only handles credentials. However, the goal is to be able to create the account and assign the correct access rights on an application or a system.

I have been working with Thycotic Secret Server for one year.

We have experienced no issues in terms of stability.

It is quite scalable. We are not a big company and we had no issues with scalability.

Technical support helps us regularly. We have not had any big issues, so overall, no problems.

We did not use another solution before this one. It was the first of this type.

I would say that the initial setup is complex because it most requires modifying the company, and it took two years to deploy. The issue in this case is not the product. Rather, it is more the company.

The pricing is standard in this business and we have no complaints about it.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I recommend. My advice for anybody who is implementing it is to have full management support and to do good internal marketing so that the solution is accepted by everyone.

More Thycotic Secret Server reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Thycotic Secret Server. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: February 2021.
465,339 professionals have used our research since 2012.