Thycotic Secret Server Review

Its ease of integration and the use of power shells are really attractive features

What is most valuable?

I have found the password management and the secret management features to be the most valuable. Our customers find its ease of integration and the use of power shells really attractive.

What needs improvement?

We always ask for partner enablement, which is more like a soft requirement rather than a product requirement. It would be great if they can provide us deeper knowledge of their products for integration.

I have been working with Thycotic Secret Server for two to three years.

It is definitely stable.

It is scalable.

Their technical support is good.

The initial setup is very easy. The installation only takes a few hours. In fact, preparing the customer site takes most of the time, not the software installation.

Its price is okay. We don't compete on pricing. We seldom use price to win over our competitors. We prefer it this way because if we can sustain the price, we make more margin as well. We don't want the price to go down to the bottom where despite the win, there's no margin at all.

We looked at ManageEngine and One Identity. We picked Thycotic Secret Server because it is easy to install and integrate.

What other advice do I have?

Before suggesting or implementing a solution, getting the customer requirements is the most important, for example, whether they have an isolated site or multiple sites and whether the bandwidth between sites is sufficient.

This solution is for big and medium-to-big enterprises. Small enterprises won't require Thycotic Secret Server because you need a certain number of administrators, at least 10, and enough secrets to justify it. I don't think small enterprises can afford it.

It will be great if they can scale down the cloud version, in terms of the pricing and other things, to accommodate small enterprises. Currently, they are more focused on big enterprises. The Hong Kong market has a lot of small enterprises, so if they can accommodate or maybe cater specifically to the Hong Kong market, it will be great.

I would rate Thycotic Secret Server a nine out of ten.

More Thycotic Secret Server reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Thycotic Secret Server. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: February 2021.
465,339 professionals have used our research since 2012.