Ptkyu ve 400x400

Thycotic Secret Server Review
Has helped us eliminate many of the manual processes that we performed regarding password changing and rotation, as well as the data we stored in Microsoft Excel.

I have been a proud Thycotic Secret Server customer since 2008.  Back in those days, my organization used Secret Server as a secure vault to store all of our highly privileged accounts and their passwords.  I manage our Secret Server environment, and over the years we have heavily utilized this product across our entire University to harden our security posture and meet compliance requirements.  Secret Server has helped us eliminate many of the manual processes that we performed regarding password changing and rotation, as well as the data we stored in Microsoft Excel.  We love the fact that the product discovers privileged accounts across our infrastructure so that we can securely store and manage them appropriately, as well as rotate their passwords to meet our password policy requirements.  We are a large Active Directory shop and Secret Server integrates with Active Directory very easily.  The folder structure that you are able to build within Secret Server to setup permissions for other departments can mirror your internal Activity environment, providing a secure approach to password management.  The auditing capabilities that Secret Server offers has allowed me to quickly respond to possible malicious activity, which has saved me countless hours over the course of time.  The built-in reports are very useful and can be customized to meet your organization’s reporting needs.  The service account discovery and management feature of Secret Server has played a pivotal role in helping us secure other departments’ servers within our infrastructure.  Secret Server is easy to set up and use, and I have trained many departments on how to utilize Secret Server to help meet their needs.  Thycotic is continually providing upgrades with new features that can be seamlessly utilized immediately within an organization.  Their customer support is top notch, along with all of their other employees with whom I have interacted over the years.  I highly recommend this company and their product!

Improvements: Our Linux/Unix team was hoping that the new SSH Key Rotation feature in the 10.1 release would be included in our Enterprise licensing, but it's not. Thycotic's newer pricing model allows these features to be purchased a la carte style. Sometimes it gets challenging to justify additional expenditures to upper management, although their pricing is very competitive compared to other PAM solutions.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Thycotic Secret Server?

Our experts can help. 227,901 professionals have used our research on 5,829 solutions.