Thycotic Secret Server Review

Password storage enables us to give some groups access to different kinds of databases

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for password management.

How has it helped my organization?

Before this solution, people had their own passwords stored in different areas and when something was needed we could not find the right person that had the right password, which meant quite a lot in migrations scenarios. With this solution, everyone knew what tools to use and where to put the password and who gives access to that password and then we could have reports on who has access to different passwords so that we could do audits.

What is most valuable?

The ability to give some groups access to different kinds of databases with the storage of a password is the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

I don't know what kind of a cryptographic it uses to encrypt the password but it should be one of the stronger ones. Some of the cryptos have been accessed by hackers. The encryption algorithm that they use is weak and could be hacked.

The scalability is pretty good. It was always accessible.

It was pretty scalable.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a nine out of ten. It provides most of the features we need. I like the way that you could easily administer who would get access to what kind of a database.