Thycotic Secret Server Review

Good session monitoring and reporting capability, but more online training sessions should be available

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and this is one of the solutions that we implement for our clients.

It is used for privileged access management for networks, servers, applications, databases, and more.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is session monitoring.

The Password Changer is a useful feature.

The reporting functionality is good.

What needs improvement?

They need to open a data center in Malaysia so that we can better provide cloud-based services to our customers.

I would like to see more training sessions made available online.

Having more detailed reporting would improve this solution.

We have been working with Thycotic Secret Server for less than one year.

We have had issues with stability in the past, although technical support has always been able to help us to fix them. This type of solution is used on a daily basis.

It is easy to scale. Our clients are generally medium-sized companies.

Technical support is good. There is always somebody available to assist us with issues.

Some of our clients have switched to Thycotic because of the cost.

The initial setup is relatively simple. It can be installed in one day, although for the configuration it may take a few days.

Normally, we do the installation of this solution for our clients. One to two people is sufficient for handling the deployment.

The price of this solution is good.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is considering this solution is to first understand their requirements and then define the scope before implementing it. The reason is that once deployed, there is a lot of integration into the existing environment.

This is a product that I would recommend.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Distributor
More Thycotic Secret Server reviews from users