TIBCO ActiveMatrix Service Bus Review

Easy to develop and has a wide range of features and high performance, but needs better pricing and better stability for our version

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for integrating our enterprise applications and core systems with the front-end systems.

The version that we are using is neither the latest one nor the oldest one. It can be deployed on the cloud and on-premises.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to develop. It has a very wide range of features.

The older versions are very stable, and there are no issues with the product.

What needs improvement?

The intermediate version that we are using has stability issues. These stability issues should be resolved, but it seems like TIBCO is not focusing on resolving these issues. The resolution timelines are quite high even for high-priority incidents.

Its price should be lower. Its licensing cost is considerably high as compared to other ESBs.

I have been using this solution for more than 10 years. In our organization, we have been using it for more than 15 years.

The intermediate version that we are using has stability issues. Its older versions are very stable. I have not used its latest Container Edition, which probably is also stable.

It is scalable. This is a back-end product, and almost all front-end applications are using this solution.

Their support is excellent, but currently, their resolution timelines are quite high for stability-related issues that we are facing.

Its installation is straightforward. It takes around two hours in our lower environment where we don't have high availability. It takes around half a day in our production environment where we have high availability.

We installed it ourselves. You just need basic computer knowledge to be able to deploy it. For development, you need some skilled people, but deployment is quite easy. We have a team of 15 people for deployment and maintenance.

Its licensing cost is considerably high as compared to other ESBs.

We will have to migrate to Container Edition, which is the latest version, but it is not an easy migration. It is almost like redeveloping, and it requires specific changes. Our strategy team is exploring other ESBs. We will be deciding this within a month because we need to pay for the license.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution, but it also depends on a specific use case. If you can afford it and you are looking for a high-standard and high-performing solution for your use case with excellent support, you should go for it.

I would rate TIBCO ActiveMatrix Service Bus a seven out of ten.

More TIBCO ActiveMatrix Service Bus reviews from users
...who compared it with Oracle Service Bus
Learn what your peers think about TIBCO ActiveMatrix Service Bus. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.