TIBCO BusinessWorks Review

Robust, easy for developers to work with, and the support is wonderful

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and this is one of the products that we implement for our clients.

We are using this in the banking industry and we have some APIs that are based on BusinessWorks.

What is most valuable?

The most important thing is that it is easy for developers to work with.

BusinessWorks is robust, flexible, and scalable.

What needs improvement?

The cost of this product is too expensive for smaller companies or those with a small number of integrations.

There should be more support for cloud-based integration.

I have been using TIBCO BusinessWorks for more than five years.

This solution is very much stable and we plan to continue using it in the future.

This is a scalable product and we have about 200 people who use it.

The support is wonderful and they respond on time.

Within the past year, I've explored MuleSoft. I haven't used it much but I know how it works. It has different advantages, and it's more API-based. It's a cloud-based solution.

The initial setup is very straightforward and it will not take more than a few minutes.

I deployed it myself. We have a 10 member deployment team that follows a sprint cycle. They include DevOps people, administrators, and others.

My understanding is that the licensing is very costly.

What other advice do I have?

For enterprise integration, this is definitely a very fitting product. I am talking about an organization that has a large number of integrations. However, for cases where there is a low number, this is definitely not a good choice because of the cost. I don't think that it's a good fit for the small customer.

The vendor has also come up with a cloud-based integration, which I think will ultimately be good but to my knowledge, at this time it hasn't picked up well yet.

I would rate this solution and eight out of ten.

5.x
More TIBCO BusinessWorks reviews from users
...who compared it with Dataloader.io
Find out what your peers are saying about TIBCO, Denodo, Talend and others in Data Integration Tools. Updated: September 2021.
535,544 professionals have used our research since 2012.