TIBCO BusinessWorks Review

XML to JSON transformations, out-of-the-box, help to build REST services

What is our primary use case?

TIBCO BusinessWorks is mainly used to build services based on SOA principles.

It can be used to build synchronous services using SOAP or REST, event-based architecture based on XML over JMS.

REST services based on Swagger Specifications are supported.

How has it helped my organization?

BusinessWorks reduces development time, helping developers to focus on business logic. The Business Studio interface based on SCA Standards helps to show the business logic at first look and improve code maintenance.

Runtime entities management is very simple.

What is most valuable?

Web service development is very simple. It is a service built very quickly, so you can focus on performance and error handling. XML to JSON transformations, out-of-the-box, helps to build REST services.

The OSGI console is available to debug different issues and get low level informations on the applications development, like bundle, dependencies, etc.

What needs improvement?

Improve Business Studio's stability to further minimize development time.

A possible improvement could be to give the capability to use different profiles for each AppNode when an application is deployed on an AppSpace.

No issues.

Runtime entities (like AppNodes) can be added on the fly, and applications on the same AppSpace are automatically deployed on the new AppNode.

Customer support is very efficient.

I have not used other solutions.

It is straightforward.

Not my area of expertise.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: I work as contractor.