TIBCO Jaspersoft Review

Valuable Features

• Embedding the reports within other applications
  • Export functionality: Reports can be exported to many different formats including MS PowerPoint and PDF.

Improvements to My Organization

Automation of existing reports and dashboards has helped in increased productivity and huge efficiency savings.

Room for Improvement

I would like to see them make it more user friendly for developers and include the latest charting libraries.

In this age of tools such as Tableau, developers are used to intuitive interfaces to develop the reports. It's always relative!!

Jaspersoft is an open-source product and lot of times you have to rely on the community to answer some of your queries. Product documentation also could be improved for the developer to reduce the learning curve.

Use of Solution

I have used it for about 3 years.

I have not encountered any stability issues. The product has been pretty stable.

I have not encountered any scalability issues.

Technical support has been really great. Usually questions get answered within 24 hrs.

We used a home-grown reporting tool that lacked many of the functionalities we needed. We evaluated multiple vendors before selecting Jaspersoft.

Initial setup was pretty straightforward, except the security piece. Over the years, the tool has improved how security is implemented.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It definitely provides value for the money if you have enterprise-wide usage of standard dashboards and charts.

Other Solutions Considered

We were looking for a lightweight solution that is easy to implement and that can scale. We looked at several options including MicroStrategy and WebFOCUS. Those tools unfortunately didn't fit the bill.

Other Advice

If you have a need for standard dashboards that can be exported to various formats, Jaspersoft will be a good solution to try out. Jaspersoft also provides various integration mechanism (JavaScript libraries and APIs) for embedded BI.

Also, with the latest releases, they are making good progress in the self-service business intelligence space.