TIBCO Jaspersoft Review

Stability and server disk consumption need improvement. Creating and scheduling reports is tedious and bug prone.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are that it is a browser-based system and memory consumption for the client with large-scale data is reasonable.

What needs improvement?

The following areas of the product need improvement: stability; server disk consumption; creating reports is tedious and bug prone; scheduling reports is bug prone.

I have used this product for two years.

We constantly encountered stability issues.

We have encountered scalability issues. At certain points, the data became too large and was not effectively cached.

The technical support provided was terrible.

Previously, we used Microsoft reports and switched due to high licensing costs. Also, the older versions for which we had a license for, were not able to effectively manage memory consumption on the client side.

The setup process was relatively standard and it has a good installer. A person with any level of Tomcat knowledge should be familiar with the system.

The community version is free. It has a pretty good feature set for free software. However, the enterprise version is incredibly overpriced.

We evaluated Pentaho, which was incredibly frustrating and unintuitive to use.

What other advice do I have?

Don't implement this product.