TIBCO Jaspersoft Review

The pixel-perfect report and embedded report portal are valuable. Visualization design should be improved and aligned with newer tools.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the pixel-perfect report, embedded report portal, scheduling reports, open source, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

Jaspersoft is being used as my organization’s report development platform. We use this tool to schedule reports and email users in either Excel or PDF format. We can use the Excel file to support our working processes or use the PDF as an official document.

What needs improvement?

Visualization can be improved further in terms of design, and to align it with other, new reporting tools.
According to user feedback, by comparing with other BI Data Discovery Tools. E.g. Qlik Sense. TIBCO Jaspersoft’s chart types and colour tone are not modern enough. Therefore, users will be more willing to use Qlik Sense rather than TIBCO Jaspersoft.

I have been using this product for about six months.

We have not encountered any deployment issues.

We have not encountered any stability issues.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

As I am using the community edition, no customer service is provided. However, it is easy to get support from its community.

Since we are using the community edition, no technical support is provided either.

Previously, we were using SAP Crystal Reports. However, it was already an obsolete version.

I set it up on a Linux server; it is straightforward.

We have implemented it via our in-house team.

I have also evaluated other tools such as Tableau, Pentaho and SpagoBI. The reason we have chosen Jaspersoft is because it is a very popular open-source reporting tool, with the ability to integrate with other web applications and schedule sending of reports.

What other advice do I have?

Jaspersoft is a strong tool for static, pixel-perfect reports. I suggest also including another data discovery / ad-hoc analysis tool in your roadmap.