TIBCO Jaspersoft Review

The most valuable features are the security file and the general data level security implementation framework. The user interface needs general bug fixes

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the security file and the general data level security implementation framework. Apart from using the Jaspersoft domains to constrain data on the report, using the security file adds another level of security to your data. This is essential for those of us who require data to be provided based on user privileges.

How has it helped my organization?

Ad hoc functionality has proved to be an essential part of the business, as well as the data level security.

What needs improvement?

The Jaspersoft domain user interface needs general bug fixes.

The ability to create cross joins on the domains is essential to provide a product that can completely support business reporting needs.

I have used this product for five years.

We encountered some stability issues. I experienced user interface issues in Google Chrome when resizing the browser display on domain editing. When using Firefox, it seemed to be more stable.

We encountered some scalability issues, as the server doesn't handle too many concurrent connections very well.

The technical support is average.

We did not use a previous solution.

The setup was fairly straightforward, but it requires an intermediate to expert level installer.

First use the community edition to see if the basic reporting features are adequate for your organization.

If you need to trial run the ad hoc functionality, then ask for a trial license. Have a plan to use those few days optimally. Afterwards, decide on what license will suit you best.

Alternately, you could contact my organization for assistance in this regard: www.silvafox.co.za (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/roger-baatjes-4496b615).

We have used Jaspersoft for a good couple of years now. We used SAP BusinessObjects, Microsoft SSRS, and SSIS.

What other advice do I have?

Ensure that the needs you want to address match the license you intend to purchase. If there is a mismatch, you might end up spending more money than you need to.