TIBCO Mashery API Management Review

Offering API services to customers has provided a new stream of traffic though management console is not intuitive

What is most valuable?

Conversion to RESTful and SOAP protocols and management console (can manage individually throttled settings to manage our service levels for customers).

How has it helped my organization?

We previously didn’t offer any API services to customers, so this has provided a new stream of traffic and exposure of our catalogue beyond the normal web store offering. We have also adopted the intercompany API Service as well.

What needs improvement?

The management console of API and customers' applications are not the most intuitive.

Over five years.

Very few outages or SLA issues.

None.

Sometimes, we have had issues pushed back to us as our “issue”, which was proven not to be the case. This can happen too quickly, seemingly without their investigating the root cause, but it hasn’t been a regular problem.

TIBCO/Mashery is our first provider in this area.

I can't comment as I wasn’t involved initially, but we are going through a migration to a new endpoint for the API service and Mashery are supporting us for this complex area.

We have secured terms on which we have been happy to renew for a number of years. However, this is an older Mashery-based contract which have been informed will change over to TIBCO and may not have as favourable terms. Not involved, so I can't comment.

Not involved, so I can't comment.

What other advice do I have?

TIBCO/Mashery do offer good support and training options, so make sure you take full advantage of those to get as much as you can from the system, etc.