TIBCO Mashery API Management Review

Reasonable pricing and pretty straightforward but needs better security

What is our primary use case?

We're using the solution to expose our APIs so it can be used by a civil customer, where there are mainly internal touchpoints. We are also using it to expose our APIs internally.

What is most valuable?

The reason why we selected the solution originally was because of its ability to have a gateway both on-premise and in the cloud. This is the most valuable aspect of the solution for us.

What needs improvement?

The security needs improvement, specifically, propagation of security to an API. Calling other APIs is something that is missing in the product and that makes us think about going to a competitor.

The solution's interface could be improved, as well as the dashboard, management, and monitoring tools. They're okay, but they could be better.

We've been using the solution since 2014, about six years now.

Although we only have about ten or so people on our end using the solution,  I would say the number of transactions the solution deals with is anywhere from one million and up to several million per day.

The solution's technical support took a lot of time to assist us in the past. This was mainly due to the fact that it had been acquired by TIBCO and TIBCO didn't have the right number of people or enough qualified people present in terms of support back in France and in the Netherlands. However, they've since fixed these issues and we find them to be okay.

The pricing is reasonable. It's not too high, so there's no reason to complain about the cost structure.

What other advice do I have?

We're partners with TIBCO and use other products of theirs as well.

I would rate the solution six out of ten.

The solution, in terms of the needs our company has, are not being met yet. In order to rate it higher, the solution needs to meet more of our needs, especially in terms of security propagation of the token.

I would advise others to start maybe with the SAAS version in the cloud, which is where we are moving. It's best not to go for a hybrid implementation at the core.

Other than that, it's pretty straightforward.