TIBCO MDM Review

It creates one view for all source systems so we know the availability and status of other features in their various systems, though it changes records too often, creating bigger bundles to load.

Valuable Features:

The real time, and easy integration with in-memory databases like Active Space for better throughput.

Improvements to My Organization:

I used it for a couple of clients. The one I can use is what we did with Kohls retail. We created one view of the product for all source systems so we knew the availability and status of other features in their various systems.

Room for Improvement:

It creates a bundle of all its related entities and its versions too, so the record changes too many times, it ends up with a bigger bundle to load, and this results in it taking longer to update/view.

Use of Solution:

I used various versions of product from 7.9 to 8.3 for almost 3 years. I used it in conjunction with Tibco Active Space.

Stability Issues:

The product is stable, but it depends on the app server.

The customer service is good, we get all levels of expertise on it.

Previous Solutions:

I previously used Teradata MDM, and by comparing that I found it better. Currently I am using Informatica MDM, which I found have great features along with a strong ETL tool for integration.

Initial Setup:

The initial set up is pretty straightforward, but customization may take time depending on the complexity of your setup.

Implementation Team:

I have done implementations for a product teams professional service group. If you have a good level of support from Tibco, then you will have a better turnaround for your problems.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

I think the pricing of product may be high because it comes with whole set of other tools required for integration. So it will take some time to get the ROI as we implement the solution.

Other Advice:

Nowadays there are lot of MDM tools available in market, but I would recommend Tibco MDM if good throughput is required with its integration layer.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We're partners. I used to work for TIBCO.