TIBCO Spotfire Data Science Review

Good performance, reporting, and data visualization

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the products that we supply to our clients.

This solution is primarily used for reporting. People want to see the data in their database visualized.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the performance.

What needs improvement?

The scripting for customization could be improved.

I have been working with TIBCO Spotfire for five years.

This is a stable solution.

The platform can be expanded but it is not easy. While doable, it is somewhat complicated to scale. The number of users differs depending on the client, but some of my clients have approximately 1,000 users. It really depends on the size of the organization.

I have been in touch with technical support and I am satisfied with my experience.

The two similar solutions that I have used are MicroStrategy and Tableau.

Tableau is pretty similar and it would be difficult for me to point out the differences.

With MicroStrategy, it has a great feature where you build the representation in the database and it then the tool creates SQL queries by itself. There are more differences between these tools but this is the one essential difference.

The initial setup is straightforward.

Our clients sometimes perform the deployment themselves with the help of documentation. I personally know of some who have done this.

What other advice do I have?

In general, I would say that this is a good tool and I recommend it. I really don't see any pressing features that need to be implemented.