TIBCO Spotfire Review

One of the best data analytical tool for your business which gives insight into our data along predictive analytics.

What is our primary use case?

Creating reports and dashboards for end users to get insights of business fetching data from multiple data sources.

How has it helped my organization?

It is one of the best BI tools that gives deep insights into our data along with analytical exposure and statistical services.

What is most valuable?

Data Connections, Information Links, WMS and TMS layer in Map Chart, In-Memory Analysis, Scheduled Updates, Support to IronPython, R-Script, S+, MATLAB for analytical capabilities.

With every new release of Spotfire comes up with new features which help the user experience like theme based visualizations, recommendations engine for visualizations, waterfall and KPI chart, annotations, comments on the charts, combining data for categorical values is very useful, nested aggregations and ODATA connectors are very important features which would edge to the dashboards.

What needs improvement?

More appealing in user interface like other tools. Sometimes users complain of only basic visualizations availability compared to other tools. These are available from third party but if those could be added in Spotfire itself then it would be great.

More than five years.

Nothing significant.

Easy to scale

Good

It's good but need improvement.

It was straightforward to setup the Spotfire environment provided you have some knowledge how the thing works in system but few things need lot of time and expertise.

In house team

Pricing and licensing are high compared to other tools, but ROI is great.

What other advice do I have?

One of the best data visualization and analytical tools I have worked with and would definitely suggest others to evaluate and go for Spotfire to get the best ROI.

1 visitor found this review helpful
1 Comment
Deenadhayalan JayaramanConsultantTOP 10

TIBCO Spotfire Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use TIBCO Spotfire across the whole organization in order to mesure the performance of the business and different KPIs.
TIBCO Spotfire Pros

Analytic tools
Go in deep from the general picture to details
The different ways to show the data
TIBCO Spotfire Cons

Configure the access to different users
R is more powerful in statistics terms
Freehand joins is not enough
Connection with Google Analytics should be direct