Tibcosoftware

TIBCO Spotfire Review
The ability to analyze your data quickly is valuable to me.

Valuable Features:

The following features are the most valuable to me:

• The ability to analyze your data quickly
  • Extensibility: Quintus consultants develop QuintusVisuals and custom extensions using the Spotfire SDK.

Improvements to My Organization:

In a previous job, I implemented a signaling system for calls coming in from the first line support desk. I placed Spotfire on top of a small live data sheet. It reloaded Spotfire with an external script and exported the analysis to HTML. After that, another script (created by a co-worker) ran to extract the contents and place the items in an automated web page, where tabs were switched every couple of seconds.

This tool was even able to run in the Network Operation Center on a big screen.

Room for Improvement:

I'd like to see the following improvements:

• Configuration options (properties screens are too crowded)
  • Licensing system: Make it more clear or get rid of the special groups and their special tick boxes that can only activate on that specific group.
  • Enhance multiple scales in line and bar charts to grouped scales (group numerical, percentage etc. columns).

Use of Solution:

I have used this solution for about seven years.

Deployment Issues:

In the recent version of Spotfire, 7.5 or 7.6, I was able to corrupt my webplayer services deployment with no way to restore it. I had to re-install it. Luckily, this is very quick to do.

Technical support provided very fast response times and helpful people. Excellent.

Initial Setup:

Initial setup was a straightforward process.

Implementation Team:

Because we are a Spotfire partner, we have the ability to deploy Spotfire in-house.

Other Solutions Considered:

I tried to evaluate a version of Tableau but it felt hard to configure and not as easy as I’m used to with Spotfire.

Other Advice:

It’s a business tool, but it’s always a good thing to have IT stand behind your decision when implementing it.

In my opinion, TIBCO Spotfire is the best tool that really serves the business analysis needs.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Quintus consultants is a VAR partner for TIBCO Spotfire. Quintus consultants also develop the add-in QuintusVisuals using the Spotfire SDK.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About TIBCO Spotfire?

Our experts can help. 208,186 professionals have used our research on 5,548 solutions.