TIBCO Spotfire Review

With transformations, I can make the structure of the data most suitable for answering the user's questions with the visualisations.

Valuable Features

The most valuable features of this product, for me, are:

• Applying transformations to data tables: With these transformations, I can make the structure of the data most suitable for answering the user's questions with the visualisations.
  • The visualisations: They look very good, are easy to use and can answer almost any business question.

Room for Improvement

I would like to see the improvements in the following areas:

• The info designer feature: The user interface could be more graphical, it would make it more user friendly and flexible.
  • The transformations and insertions of rows and columns: Tables can be created by using transformations and inserting rows and columns. I would like to have more ability to make changes to these transformation and insertions without having to recreate the complete table from scratch.

Use of Solution

I have used this solution for three years.

I did not encounter any issues with deployment.

I rate technical support 9/10 (very quick and good response, good level of knowledge).

I previously used IBM Cognos products also as a consultant. I choose Cognos because I thought (and still think) that Cognos is a good product.

I am no real technical consultant, but I found the initial setup pretty straightforward. After installing the software, no enormous or complex configuration is needed.

Implementation Team

We implement for our customers and also for customers of TIBCO.

Other Advice

Start small but think big. When you start using the product - regarding setting up authorisation and setting up the library, for instance - work structured and with a kind of policy that is scalable and flexible regarding maintenance.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Technical partner and reseller of TIBCO Spotfire.