Tibcosoftware

TIBCO Spotfire Review
With the Information Designer, the user doesn't have to go into detailed SQL.

Valuable Features

There are many valuable features but Information Designer is one that is more valuable. It gives a data model created, so the user doesn't have to go into the SQL details. There are filters, joins, stored procedure call, parameterized info links, and so on.

Improvements to My Organization

It got rid of a static report, there is now no need for multiple reports, and it provides user interaction. A single report serves multiple users, and they can access it via web browser.

Maintenance is greatly reduced.

Room for Improvement

I would like to see a few more charts and properties, easy integration with HTML design, d3 charts, and custom charts. This would take reporting to new heights in terms of UI and design as report features are plenty. It needs more flexibility in terms of designing a report.

Use of Solution

I have been using this solution for five years.

I did not encounter any deployment issues.

They are awesome. Tibco has a support cell and we can raise a ticket that has an SLA for them. Also, there is a large user community and technical information for Spotfire, so there is no issue as such to get assistance.

We used to use SSRS and Excel.

Old versions are static and need a lot of maintenance and repeat work.

Initial setup was straightforward and a guide is available.

Implementation Team

I implemented it by myself as I do have implementation knowledge already. My advice is to follow the steps and guidelines. It is all nicely written and proven over a long period of time.

ROI

We realize ROI through less maintenance, one-time work, easy accessibility, and less manual work.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Pricing is little on the high side but looking at long-term benefits, the company can bear it.

Other Advice

There are other products in the market but don't go only on sales talk. They will always talk big magical things.

Evaluate first what it has, period.

See the flexibility.

Plan for your needs.

Use the guidelines.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About TIBCO Spotfire?

Our experts can help. 242,522 professionals have used our research on 5,991 solutions.