TIBCO Spotfire Review

It links to the database and the dashboard updates automatically. You don’t have to export a CSV file. Implementation could be much easier.

Valuable Features:

Real time analytics: TIBCO Spotfire links to the database and the dashboard updates automatically, which is great. You don’t have to export a CSV file to get a dashboard.

Improvements to My Organization:

The client where I have implemented TIBCO Spotfire was using it to understand calls received on their call centre. With the analytics provided, they were able to understand when during the week / day they receive most of the calls to then take action and get the right number of agents.

Room for Improvement:

I would say that the implementation of the product could be much easier that it is at the moment. It is a complex process at the moment to set up TIBCO Spotfire with your database; not always straightforward.

Use of Solution:

I have been using it for six months.

Initial Setup:

The initial setup is supposed to be straightforward, but I found that there is often some glitch in the setup that requires thought.

Implementation Team:

TIBCO Spotfire provides an expert to set up the solution for their clients. This usually takes 2-3 days.

ROI:

It is an expensive product, but if you have the right data analyst to use it, the ROI can be quite high. This number depends on a lot of factors. How much analytics are you doing at the moment? How good is your data analyst?

Other Solutions Considered:

I have used Tableau and Alteryx, which are similar solutions. I would say that TIBCO Spotfire is a combination of those two other solutions, although I think Tableau is much more user friendly.

Other Advice:

I think you should get a trial and see what are the possibilities and understand who would be using the product. Define your business goals first and then use TIBCO Spotfire in order to measure those.

More TIBCO Spotfire reviews from users
2 Comments

author avatarit_user845028 (Staff Software Engineer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees)

Hi There,

Muchas Gracias Mi Amigo! You make learning so effortless. Anyone can follow you and I would not mind following you to the moon coz I know you are like my north star.
I have been using the Tibco clustering with variable importance data function which has the benefit of limiting the number of clusters to a statistically significant number, but I would still like to have the option of using this limit or not. I am a novice with R Scripting and cannot figure out how to modify the function to allow me to do this, so I would like to know if any other users have created a modified version exist that allows the user to select the Hartigan K or user input K to complete the analysis?
Also - when selecting the input variable to be limited by the active filter or markings I find that it randomly selects rows and I end up with a mix of rows that are within and outside of my filters that are used in the cluster analysis.
Does anyone have a fix for this?
By the way do you have any YouTube videos, would love to watch it. I would like to connect you on LinkedIn, great to have experts like you in my connection (In case, if you don’t have any issues).
Please keep providing such valuable information.

Merci,
Dolly

author avatarit_user844245 (Application Developer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees)

Hola,

Gasping at your brilliance! Thanks a tonne for sharing all that content. Can’t stop reading. Honestly!

i am testing ADB adapter 7.2 for 40 Million data processing.
As adb 7.2 supports Multithreading in Publication Service we want to use this feature.
but during testing we found that there is "JVM thread count" as well configurable during deployment of ADB adapter.
we are configuring "Number of Publication Service Thread" as 100 but keeping "JVM thread count" default as 8. In this case which will take precedence, will the Number of Publication Service Thread override the value of "JVM thread count" or we have to keep both these threadcount value same. we want 100 threads used by adapter(Heap is 4 GB).
It would be great if we get some clarification quickly.

Great effort, I wish I saw it earlier. Would have saved my day :)

MuchasGracias,