What is most valuable?
- Ability to handle large amounts of data from multiple sources and quickly visualize it for users.
- Connectivity to widely used data management (MDM) solutions in place in most organizations
- Easy to train users in how to use the dashboards, visualizations and maximize their performance as users
How has it helped my organization?
From a safety standpoint, I have developed visualizations that have highlighted trends in past history. When identified, they helped the business determine where to put more focus and consciousness in operations so that they can reduce injuries.
What needs improvement?
I would like to see improved mobile capabilities.
I would like more functionality in the formatting of the pages so that they can have more of an application with the look and feel of other custom-developed solutions with the organization.
For how long have I used the solution?
I have used it for eight years.
What was my experience with deployment of the solution?
I have never had issues with deployment or scalability, TIBCO offers different versions to fit customers’ needs (desktop, web based, etc.).
How are customer service and technical support?
Technical support is average; however, the user conferences that are held regionally and nationally provide a lot of value.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
I previously used Oracle OBIEE. We switched because:
- Development time was too long.
- Overhead of resources required to maintain it was too high.
- Spotfire will offer very fast enterprise data and visualization capabilities in a short amount of time.
How was the initial setup?
Initial setup is straightforward; there are downloads that you perform in order that make it easier than it used to be, but it is not quite plug and play for an enterprise implementation.
What about the implementation team?
I implemented it with an in-house team.
You may not need one, but establish a contact number at TIBCO for extra help should you encounter problems.
What was our ROI?
ROI depends on the maturity and adoption of the organization. Spotfire can have an exponentially higher ROI than what it costs, if implemented well, adoption programs are in place and users are trained.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
Users can license and download directly from the TIBCO website and be active within minutes.
What other advice do I have?
I highly recommend Spotfire.