TIBCO Spotfire Review

It does very well at collecting metrics and giving us concise reports, but we would like an easier way to migrate to the cloud

What is our primary use case?

We use it for reporting and metrics.

How has it helped my organization?

We used it pretty heavily in gathering data, which goes to our VPs. They are able to base their next revenue planning based on this metric. So, it has been invaluable.

What is most valuable?

It does very well at collecting metrics and giving us concise reports based on what we need.

What needs improvement?

We would like an easier way to get the product to the cloud. Right now, we have the on-premise version, and we would like to find a way to make it easier to migrate it over to the cloud. We want something that is easier to get over to AWS.

Three to five years.

Its stability has been good. We experienced crashes a few versions back, but the current version that we're on has been stable.

We are heavily into AWS; the company is about 75% into AWS.

We have over 10,000 employees with about 5000 active users of the product.

I would recommend evaluating it against other products. When I got onto the team, we didn't evaluate it against any other products. It was the one that was already in-house, so we went with it. If somebody wants to evaluate it for use, I would recommend that they have two or three other products that they could compare it against.

What other advice do I have?

We use it a lot with TIBCO EMS. It works relatively well with that. It is able to gather performance metrics on it.

We are using the non-AWS version.

More TIBCO Spotfire reviews from users