TIBCO tibbr Review

Full featured mobile app for every OS is a valuable feature but more customizable features would be an improvement

What is most valuable?

• Easy to use
  • Easy to integrate
  • Security - both on-premise and cloud
  • Full featured mobile app for every OS
  • Subjects (virtual spaces where people with same topics to talk on, aggregate themselves) with unlimited sub-subjects to best support little groups in the day-by-day work.

How has it helped my organization?

• Marketing & Sales (improved communication and sharing information)
  • Customer service (answer queries in less time, less duplication of work
  • Idea collection
  • Sharing, voting and evaluating (with transparency, for more people involving); and many others...

What needs improvement?

More customizable features, particularly in mobile app; better preview of document and images stored in other cloud services (like Google Drive, Dropbox and so on)

For two years.

High.

Medium.

We previously used Yammer. We changed because the flat groups structure is difficult to use when there are some hundreds of group, and so people don't easily find the group they are searching for and create another group that (sometimes partially) duplicates the scope of an existing group. This way of working isn't good enough.

It's not about technology but the change of mindset of people. Starting from searching for existing aggregations, evaluating real processes they use, information they exchange and making use of cases in tibbr to concretely show the new way of working, then the project becomes a success.

We used a vendor team who were very professional.

Typically the classical "ROI" is about seven months from full deployment, but there are a lot of benefits that we can't measure with this metric, like more dissemination of knowledge, fast internal expert finding, less internal emails, less waste of time, and better employee engagement. All of these things aren't directly money, but indirectly it can become a lot of money.

It's a matter of negotiation.

We also looked at Jive as it has a lot of features, but much harder to use, and so many features in the real world are not used. Also, IBM Connection, but this is complex solution, and difficult to integrate.

What other advice do I have?

Start using the out of the box features of tibbr, integrating only the things absolutely necessary, make use of cases and support in the best way for the users, then they became your advocate.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partner for a consultation project
2 Comments

author avatarit_user78465 (CEO at a consultancy with 501-1,000 employees)

We tried Tibbr, Jive, TeamBox, Yammer, Podio, and several other Enterprise Social Networking solutions before trying out MangoApps, and haven't tried anything else since.

We love MangoApps for its ease of use, intuitive screens, synching with LinkedIn for profile imports, ability to implement on-premise, and price tag.

Tibbr was a runner up (our second choice at the time), so we appreciate its functionality, but MangoApps beat out Tibbr from our perspective for the above-noted reasons.

Thanks for sharing!

author avatarit_user153219 (Innovation consultancy with 51-200 employees)

I belive the first principle for choosing an Enterprise Social Network has to be a good evalutation on which needs would satisfy, if MangoApps meets your needs, that is the one for you.
Generally speaking, if a firm wants to go further provate social networking and offers to its employees a Digital Workplace experience in which activity stream’s dynamism is central and also essential to reach company target as sharing the right information to the right person at the rigt time, well tibbr makes the difference in this scenario.
At the beginning someone could be afraid from activity stream, but after the first try and understanding, you can’t leave it any more.