Tintri VMstore Review

Valuable Features

The administrative interface is excellent. Being able to see exactly what is happening within our VM network takes the guess work out of troubleshooting and makes management tasks an absolute breeze.

Improvements to My Organization

Implementing Tintri gave an immediate speed boost to our computer systems. This was very welcome to the staff because their desktop computers responded quicker, reports ran faster, and user satisfaction hit an all time high.

This transitioned our I.T. systems from being a 'burden' to being a trusted and dependable source of information.

Use of Solution

1.5 years

No - very fast deployment and Tintri's knowledgeable engineers helped us get our units connected and running in less than one hour.

This is a really well thought through product.

Out of the six controllers we have deployed one card failed after a week. The affected system did not degrade in performance in any way and Tintri had a replacement controller out to me for a rapid changeout. I can not speak highly enough of how well the guys tackled the situation and the whole experience had zero impact on our regular computer operations.

Tintri's own OS upgrades are also super stable and applying firmware updates is a total non-event.

In my view Tintri's customer service is excellent, I am in regular contact with various folks throughout their organisation even though we have not had one problem.

Very good. Tintri seems to attract high quality and experienced talent to their team. They are also always available whenever we reach out.

Yes, our network storage was on Netapp / IBM N series. It was a great system when we first implemented our virtualised environment back in 2007, however the performance of the system and design ethos did not suit the workload we wanted to put to it. For us, business evolved and system user demands increased. We needed to move out of the space of just having network storage and move into the space of having high performance and flexible network storage.

As I indicated earlier the initial setup was very straight forward. Tintri have a setup guide that gives admin's a planning checklist to ensure that your install works right from the get go.

Implementation Team

In-house with support from Tintri's own systems engineers.

Other Solutions Considered

Yes, we ran an evaluation and virtual beauty parade of Tegile, Netapp, HP, Hitachi, Dell, EMC. Tintri was the clear winner for us.

Other Advice

For anyone looking at buying enterprise storage, take a good look at the market place, there are a lot of options out there. I did the same and found that Tintri was a clear leader in the space and would give me the performance and benefits I was looking for.

Free Quote