Tintri VMstore Review

What is most valuable?

Excellent performance

Easy installation

Simple/almost no administration

Total Control over latency from hypervisor to storage

How has it helped my organization?

We´re saving a lot of time and Money due to the lack of complexity.

Instead of focusing on separate parts of the infrastructure like storage, we can focus on the VMs and the applications running in them.

3 months

Tintri has excellent and devoted support personnel. 10/10

Earlier we used NetApp, but spent a lot of time managing volumes and tuning the system. We also got complaints mainly from clients running SQL Server that response times were very slow. Those issues were really difficult to troubleshoot. Not anymore!

Really simple. Just rack the box and insert network cables, assign ip-adresses, mount the one single datastore on your vmware hosts and GO!

We compared the Tintri solution with a newer NetApp investment with flash pool.

We found that we could upgrade primary storage in both our datacenters to the price of one NetApp installation.

What other advice do I have?

The performance is great and management really easy. Don´t stare blindly on dedup number. You get the largest dedup effect in test/dev or VDI Environments, in regular server environments that effect will be rather small, BUT you always get a great compression ratio.

More Tintri VMstore reviews from users