Tintri VMstore Review

The most valuable features to me are the VM-specific QoS feature, the enhanced visibility, and “noisy neighbor” prevention.

Valuable Features

Improvements to My Organization

The big benefit to the organization is that we no longer have to worry about a few rogue VMs taking up performance resources on the SANs, which impacts all of our clients.

Room for Improvement

I would love an Active/Active set-up, if possible.

Use of Solution

I've used it for two years.

We encountered no issues with deployment.

We had a couple of issues when updating firmware on the T540, but Tintri support was very fast to respond.

We've had no issues with scalability.

9/10. As mentioned previously, technical support was very quick to respond.

We still use EMC VNX appliances. The switch was due to performance limitations introduced by VDI and VM cloning.

The initial setup was very straightforward, especially compared with iSCSI solutions from other vendors.

Implementation Team

We used an in-house team as the implementation was very straightforward.

ROI

It's hard to pinpoint the ROI, but the devices have been worth every penny spent.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Tintri pricing is very competitive, but there is a definite gap in the “entry level” market (sub-$30k).

Other Solutions Considered

We evaluated solutions from Nimble Storage and EMC.

Other Advice

Understand it is NFS-only and while other products may be cheaper, it is very granular.