Tintri VMstore Review

The most valuable features to me are the VM-specific QoS feature, the enhanced visibility, and “noisy neighbor” prevention.

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

The big benefit to the organization is that we no longer have to worry about a few rogue VMs taking up performance resources on the SANs, which impacts all of our clients.

What needs improvement?

I would love an Active/Active set-up, if possible.

I've used it for two years.

We encountered no issues with deployment.

We had a couple of issues when updating firmware on the T540, but Tintri support was very fast to respond.

We've had no issues with scalability.

9/10. As mentioned previously, technical support was very quick to respond.

We still use EMC VNX appliances. The switch was due to performance limitations introduced by VDI and VM cloning.

The initial setup was very straightforward, especially compared with iSCSI solutions from other vendors.

We used an in-house team as the implementation was very straightforward.

It's hard to pinpoint the ROI, but the devices have been worth every penny spent.

Tintri pricing is very competitive, but there is a definite gap in the “entry level” market (sub-$30k).

We evaluated solutions from Nimble Storage and EMC.

What other advice do I have?

Understand it is NFS-only and while other products may be cheaper, it is very granular.

More Tintri VMstore reviews from users