Tintri VMstore Review

The most important features to us are its low latency, the high performance, and the per-VM QoS.

What is most valuable?

There are several features we find valuable, but the most important to us are its low latency, the high performance, and the per-VM QoS.

How has it helped my organization?

With VMstore, we're able to perform better and have better insight into our data storage infrastructure.

What needs improvement?

It lacks deduplication, and dedupe on all data is something that would be a big improvement that we need.

We've used it for one year.

We didn't encounter any issues with deployment.

It's been very stable for us.

We've been able to scale without any problems.

10/10

10/10

We switched to VMstore get better performance, VM-aware storage, and improved QoS.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We implemented it with our in-house team.

We anticipate that our ROI will be around three years.

Before choosing Tintri, we evaluated solutions from Nimble Storage and Equalogic.

What other advice do I have?

I think this is a perfect product if you need a VM-aware storage solution. As a service provider we love the possibility to look at the virtual environment from the storage perspective, to see which VMs are using IOPS/capacity and to analyze where the latency is produced (host/network/storage). With the new QOS features we can guarantee to meet customer demands and we don’t have to use different storage platforms for different performance alternatives. For example; if the customer wants spinning-SATA-RAID5 performance we can set a limit on the IOPS and if the customer wants Hybrid-SSD-spinning we can guarantee 5000 IOPS.

More Tintri VMstore reviews from users