Tintri VMstore Review

Speed Up deployment significantly and the cloning feature is Impressive

What is our primary use case?

I use Tintri box for a VDI solution, hosting at least 1800 VDI stations there, deployment really easy, really good performance. No major issues.

How has it helped my organization?

It speed up deployment significantly. This is one of the greatest improvements because we are able to deploy several virtual machines in seconds. The cloning feature on the Tintri Box is really impressive.

What is most valuable?

The deduplication feature in VDI environments. If Tintri say's: "we can host 3000 VMs in our storage", I know, we can host 3000 VMs there. Believe the results.

What needs improvement?

The area it needs to improve is the pricing. It could be better. Another topic is the replication feature, In the version 4.3 the syncronous replication is not so friendly and you have to do procedures manually to come back once you recover one of your nodes.

Good. We had a couple of issues from the start and they were resolved very quickly with no impact on production.

Yes, in the past we used a typical SAN solution. We made the switch because of the simplicity of the design. We can use the same network devices that have a large number of connections, instead of SAN switches. That's one less layer. And because the deployment is really really fast.

The initial setup is straightforward, no advanced knowledge is required to do it.

Explore the Tintri Synchronous Replication feature (licensing is required). This is a good solution to protect your environment at Storage Level and your RTO will be improved by this.

Yes, XtremIO and you can ask for a deployment test with Tintri, after you test it you will like it, his deployment Is really simply and faster. No other dashboard is need it because you can see the behavior of your storage and the IO performance at VM level.

What other advice do I have?

You can ask for a deployment test with Tintri. After you test it you will like it, it's deployment is really quick and simple. No other dashboard is needed because you can see the behavior of your storage and the IO performance at the VM level.