Tintri VMstore Review

What is our primary use case?

Tintri T5060 SSD array used for high performance requirements of Windows 10 VDI environment using Citrix XenDesktop.

KPI: Performance must be equal to or better than a local user environment.

How has it helped my organization?

The Tintri VMstore was faster than most local user laptops and desktops available at the time. Most users were on spinning disk or hybrid storage.

In the VDI environment, the "VM-aware" T5060, along with its extremely fast speeds, has removed storage as your typical bottleneck.

What is most valuable?

• Its VM-aware features have been excellent to use and integrate with XenServer as well.
  • Its speed has been absolutely fantastic.
  • Upgrades are super easy and can be done during business hours without interruptions in production.

What needs improvement?

• I would love more insight into each virtual machine statistic.
  • The Tintri Analytics site is excellent for long-term trending, but more data would be great.

No issues.

No issues.

Technical support has been excellent, Their engineers are excellent and easy to access.

No previous solution was used.

Initial setup was very straightforward.

Implementation was done in-house.

ROI is excellent, but have no specific data.

Ensure the storage system "natively" supports the protocols that you wish to use (i.e., CIFS) without the need for the overhead of internal "conversion VMs" that run the protocols.

We evaluated Pure Storage SSD arrays.

What other advice do I have?

Tintri has been a breeze to deal with!  We have had no issues.