Toad Data Modeler Review

It has a lot of components all in one tool. You don’t need to open or use other apps or the command line.

What is most valuable?

This is our main SQL tool; everything is there and makes it efficient and easy to perform the needed tasks on the database. I have it open every day.

How has it helped my organization?

TOAD makes it easy to code and compile stored procedures. It is easy to find and edit code, and offers the ability to debug and test. It is a great tool that saves a lot of time. The real advantage is that it has a lot of components all in one tool, and you don’t need to open or use other apps or the command line.

What needs improvement?

The one thing about it is that there are almost too many features and options; some we don’t even use. It can be overwhelming at first, but once the initial learning curve is over, it is not bad.

For example, we don’t use the automation designer or the query builder.
Query builder is a graphical interface to build SQL (drag and drop), but once you have good skills at writing in the editor, it is much faster and you have more control than with the query builder.

I have been using it for the last five years.

I rarely encountered any stability issues; it is very stable.

I didn’t encounter any scalability issues at all.

Technical support is excellent, very responsive. They have a great online and built-in technical help, and manuals as well.

I had a question on a thread setting and had a very positive experience.
I was not able to find anything on this setting in the online help, so I opened a case and was able to get all the details needed.

Prior to TOAD, we had to use many other apps for testing, compiling code or even the Oracle command line. TOAD eliminates the need to open or use other tools.

More Toad Data Modeler reviews from users