Toad Data Modeler Review

Multiple nested queries take a long time to run, but it has automated report processing.

What is most valuable?

• Report/Query automation
  • Cross database queries
  • Ability to query multiple data sets

How has it helped my organization?

• It's moved us away from MS Access.
  • Automated report processing

What needs improvement?

We sometimes have issues with multiple nested queries. They take a long time to run, and it would be nice to have them run faster.

I've used it for seven years.

It was a bit tedious to set up the computers that run the software. We needed to download Oracle thin client, and set up computer variables. It took a while to do so.

No issues encountered.

No issues encountered.

It's very good.

From Good to very good, depending on who you get to help you.

MS Access. We switched because we were accessing an Oracle DB in the cloud with lots of data. Access needed to download the data in order to process queries which ended up either taking forever or not working at all. Toad allowed us to run the query on the cloud DB and, return data from the query. Made things much faster.

It was a bit tedious to set up the computers that run the software. We needed to download Oracle thin client and set up computer variables. Took a while to do so.

We did it in-house.

Each license costs a bit of money, and you need to purchase maintenance for each license in order to get updates and use tech support.

• MS Access