Toad Review

Whatever database issues I have, I use this product to solve them

What is most valuable?

This product is fast to learn and a user-friendly tool. It's most valuable to me because of its great shortcuts. It really helps on development time. You can even define some quick assist codes and prefixes. Also, you can use this tool for comparing files, debugging, FTP file transfer, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

Whatever database issues I have faced, I have solved them with the Quest Toad product.

What needs improvement?

Maybe it could be optimized by using less RAM memory. Also, this product may have stability issues.

I have been using different versions of Toad since 2010. I've been using this version since March 2017.

Yes, I have still been facing some issues. Currently, with Windows 10, it sometimes would get stuck and stop responding. I am guessing it is something about the RAM usage. When this happens, I have to open task manager/stop process and it is frustrating because you might lose some uncompiled DB objects code.

I have worked with this product on Oracle 9i, 10g, and 11g. My operating system is Windows. It was fun to work with them. I don't know about Oracle 12c or running it on a Linux platform.

I haven't asked for technical support before this, but Toad user forums show good solutions and tips for the product.

I have tried Oracle SQL Developer before, but I prefer to use Toad. It really is faster to build solutions with Toad.

It is straightforward. Initial setup requires an Oracle Client installed on the machine. Other than that, it's nowhere near complex.

I'm a developer and don't know much about pricing. The license is on our company, but I guess it's the most expensive database IDE.

Just tried Oracle SQL Developer and Toad for Oracle. I would definitely choose Toad.

1 Comment
Javid Ur RahamanReal UserTOP 20

Basically SQL Developer is good admins for basic sql executions. and TOAD for developers.

06 November 17