Toad Review

The Session Browser and Tablespace features make administering Oracle easier

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution for administering my Oracle database.

How has it helped my organization?

Toad has a lot of features that are very useful, fast, and well developed. It is a very easy and helpful tool for me and my work. It is the main program that I use, every day.

What is most valuable?

I like a lot of the features in this solution including the Session Browser, Tablespace, and the bind parameters.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see an improvement in the performance because opening the browser and the editor should be faster.

The limit of 100,000 lines when parsing trace files is not always enough, and I would like to see the limit increased.

I have been using this solution for seven years.

The current version of Toad is stable. However, the previous version was not stable.

This solution is scalable.

I have only contacted technical support one time and it was by email. I would rate them somewhere between average and good. It was a few years ago, so they may have improved since then.

I have used other tools, but Toad is the best of them.

The initial setup of this solution is easy. Deployment takes approximately one hour.

I deployed the solution myself, and one person is suitable for both deployment and maintenance.

In my opinion, this solution is a little expensive, but I understand that good programs cost more money. I find it acceptable, although my bosses may think differently. There are no costs in addition to the standard licensing fees.

What other advice do I have?

This is a program that I like very much and I recommend for others.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.