Tomcat Review

​The configuration needs work, but we had no issues with stability.

Valuable Features

It has a small footprint.

Improvements to My Organization

With this, we were able to deliver our products faster to our customers through packaging.

Room for Improvement

The configuration needs work.

Use of Solution

I've used it for six months.

No issues encountered.

This depends on the load of the server. We had no issues, but we never ran more than application/site at a time.

No issues encountered.

I've not used customer service.

I've not used technical support.

We switched because of the nature of the application and technology.

I always design my systems simple and keep them simple as possible.

Implementation Team

We implemented it with in-house team. We like to keep the knowledge in-house.

ROI

It was crucial and it definitely paid off.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Keep the systems simple. Try to work with open-source solutions and pay for technical support and subscription to support the projects.

Other Solutions Considered

Yes I always and regularly evaluate. In case of Java we evaluated all Applications servers who support JEE full profile.

Other Advice

I was using Apache Tomcat, JBoss AS (RedHat), WebMethods (Software AG) and IIS (Microsoft). All of them have their specialities, but depending on the goals and purpose it’s quiet easy to make a choice. Products based on Microsoft .NET do not give companies lot of options; either with Server Operating System shipped IIS, or the developer version called IIS Express. Applications written in Java, n opposite, can be accommodated on several fully-profiled or non-fully-profiled application or web servers.

Only have one application per server if possible. Do not over complicate it, and keep the variance in the configuration simple as possible.