Tools4ever HelloID Review

Improves efficiency and reduces costs through better helpdesk automation

What is our primary use case?

We use this software primarily for Single/Seamless Sign-On, Access Management, Service Automation, and User Provisioning to multiple systems. Users can request services and applications via this portal.

Another feature we use is Multi-factor authentication with the authenticator apps.

How has it helped my organization?

Tools4ever HelloID helped us with automating our IT processes. Not only has Single Sign-On helped reduce our helpdesk calls, but the Service Automation forms and Workflows made it possible to hire more non-skilled employees for our service desk.

The other thing that helped us improve our services is down-stream provisioning. By example: HelloID provisions users/persons to TOPdesk, which is our Service Management tool.

What is most valuable?

The thing we like the most is that this software is so easy to use. You don't need to be a specialist in Identity and Access Management solutions to understand the software and configure it. Even if you cannot find a specific setting, you can always call Tools4ever. Their support is great!

What needs improvement?

The things we would like to see in the next release is the ability to provision directly from an HR system, and some more built-in automation calculations, like the calculation for a username.

Sometimes it generates a username that is not unique, but at the time of this writing, it is not possible to generate a new one that is unique.

We have been using this solution for two years.

It is a very stable solution, and we haven't encountered any performance issues and/or outages.

This solution is very scalable, especially after the last update with the multiple-agents feature.

You can always reach out to their supportdesk. The level of expertise is very high as well.

Prior to using this solution we used Identity Director by Ivanti, in combination with Active Directory Federation Services for Single Sign-On. Both of these are very complicated and expensive products, which is why we switched.

This initial setup was straightforward and very well documented.

The vendor helped us with some questions during our deployment. Their level of expertise is very high.

In terms of costs and pricing, this solution is worth every penny.

We evaluated Okta, but it was more expensive.

1 visitor found this review helpful