Tools4ever Self Service Reset Password Management Review
Set-up can be somewhat complicated but it has freed up account admins to perform other value-added work.

Valuable Features

This product allows end users to unlock their accounts, without having to wait for assistance from IT. The product can be made more secure by enabling two factor authentication.

Improvements to My Organization

This product helps end users who work second and third shifts, or over the weekend, to be more productive. This product also frees up account administrators to perform other value-added work in IT.

Use of Solution

One year.

None, it is a very stable system.

None, but we only scaled up from about 500 users to 1500.

Customer service at Tools4Ever is excellent. They are quick to respond to voice-mail or e-mail.

Technical support is very responsive, as well, and are always able to find a resolution quickly.

No previous solution used.

Set-up can be somewhat complicated depending on how secure you want the solution to be.

Implementation Team

In-house implementation.

ROI

Our IT helpdesk was fielding about 300 password resets/account unlocks per month prior to implementation.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

I’m not sure, I took over implementation, after purchase and initial installation was completed. Day to day cost would be keeping up with the two factor authentication SMS licenses. About $1 per SMS message sent to an end user.

Other Solutions Considered

We also looked at Microsoft Forefront.

Other Advice

It’s an excellent solution, with great security. It can be accessed via nearly any internet browser from nearly any type of device.