Trello Review

A reliable and stable personal board for good monitoring of day to day tasks

What is our primary use case?

We are using the latest version, which is free and online.

I use the solution as my personal board for daily, project and operational tasks.

What needs improvement?

As a team board it did not work well for us. It allows non-permanent members of the company or team to manage or delete posted tasks and notifications. It was a big problem for us that every member was able to delete or edit something posted by another and we felt the need to remedy this. We encountered a situation in which a member of the board deleted every task which he was assigned, which was a lot. We found ourselves trying to refill all the boards so that our stakeholders could have complete visibility of our tasks, a matter which concerned our finances and overall schedule.

For this reason we made use in the bank of Microsoft Planner, which we already had in place. It has a feature that prevents others from deleting or editing notifications posted by another. This is nice to have when one must deal with six picky stakeholders.

As for the user interface, I am glad that Trello does not make alterations to this. I like that the buttons and colors which appear in a consistent manner and this is one of the reasons that I remain with Trello.

I've been working with Trello for nearly five years.

The software is very stable. It never crossed my mind that there was a need for support or that something was working improperly.

We have had no need for technical support.

The installation was extremely straightforward.

I use the free version of Trello. It is sufficient for my day to day use.

Although I had evaluated Monday as well as another solution, I decided that Trello was the way to go, as I had been using it for quite a while.

What other advice do I have?

Trello is cloud-based.

For use as a personal board I rate Trello as a ten out of ten.

More Trello reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Atlassian, monday, Asana and others in Project Management Software. Updated: July 2021.
524,194 professionals have used our research since 2012.