Trend Micro Apex One Review

Good as a general anti-virus but needs more depth and sophistication

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for our endpoints. We do occasionally use it for some servers as well.

What is most valuable?

The general anti-virus on offer is the solution's most valuable aspect.

What needs improvement?

We're actually looking to upgrade to more sophisticated ADL products. We need a more sophisticated endpoint. We need to have the ability to automate those instant response processes.

I've been using the solution for about a decade. It's been about ten years at least.

The solution is very stable. It doesn't crash or freeze. There aren't bugs or glitches. We find it to be very reliable at all times.

We have between one and 2,000 users on the solution at any given time.

We haven't needed to scale up in the past few years, so I can't speak to its ability to do so.

We have a separate team in-house that handles tickets, therefore, I've never been directly in touch with technical support myself. I can't speak to the level of service they provide.

Since I have been working at the organization, the company has always used Trend Micro. I don't know if they used anything else prior to that. That said, we use a number of other services as security in depth. We have other gateways and firewalls and a bunch of other items that we use.

I wasn't part of the team that implemented the solution. I wouldn't be able to say if it was complex or straightforward.

It's pretty low-maintenance. We do continuous updates and we also update the backend security appliance that goes with it, which probably happens three or four times a year.

The costs of the service fluctuate for us; I can't really say how much it costs our organization in general. I do know that it's not expensive. cost-wise, it's on the lower end of the spectrum. The licensing we have is all-inclusive; there aren't any extra costs involved. If we decide to stay with Trend Micro and upgrade to a better service, we'll be paying a higher price.

We're currently looking for another solution that may be a bit more sophisticated than Trend Micro, so we are currently evaluating other options. We're down to two or three other vendors. Those we've looked at include an upgraded Trend product, Microsoft Defender ATP, XDR, Crowdstrike and MacAfee.

Some of the other products give the capability of virtual sandboxing, endpoint threat detection, automated response, that kind of service.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with Trend Micro. We're using the latest version of the solution.

OfficeScan offers basic anti-virus security, but if you're looking for more advanced security features, you really need to look at more sophisticated and modern services.

I'd rate the solution five out of ten.

More Trend Micro Apex One reviews from users