Trend Micro Apex One Review

No down time for updates because of the cloud; work stations can be updated externally

What is our primary use case?

We have been a Trend client for some time and we looked at this product as the next evolution. We had servers on-prem to manage our Trend install and we went with the Apex One real-time monitoring solution. Being cloud-based meant we didn't have to worry about upgrading the backend servers. We could also be sure that the regular disk came down to the components and that they will update properly on each one of our devices. We are customers of Trend and I'm the manager of our company.

What is most valuable?

The nice thing about this product is that there is no down time in terms of the backend having to be updated because of the cloud, so it's basically real time and the work stations can be updated externally as well. It doesn't require people being connected to the net, like our nomadic users. The client goes out and pulls the necessary updates directly from the cloud.

What needs improvement?

From the client perspective, there are situations where some of the updates still require a complete reboot of the system and the problem there is from an end user perspective. We have to make sure, particularly with people who work remotely, that they actually are rebooting their machines and not just putting them to sleep. If the updates didn't require rebooting that would make a big difference.

I'd like to see a single back pane between the end points as well as on the service side of things. I know they're working on that at the present time and it will be great when it's done.

We've been using this solution for some time.

The stability is good and there's a better capture rate in terms of reporting as well, because now you get to see all your machines in and out of your network.

It's a very scalable solultion, more so now that it's not dependent on my back end.

We use the support and find them quite good. I have someone who deals with the tickets that arise out of Apex One. We have set up a system where anytime there's an issue, virus or whatever, the back end will let us know what was done on a particular machine and it can be validated once the process is complete. We get notifications into our ticketing system if any work has been done. The support for implementation is also good, and they're very responsive. If you have an issue with any kind of malware, they help with that too.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

More Trend Micro Apex One reviews from users