Trend Micro Apex One Review

An easy initial setup with good technical support and great security

What is our primary use case?

Trend Micro Apex One is a nine-point security solution from Trend Micro. We primarily use the solution for all of the scanning of our endpoint devices.

What is most valuable?

Trend Micro ensures the number of signatures is updated on time. If you have updated versions of signatures, they are built into the database quickly without wasting time.

If you don't update your database in real-time, the problem is there can be zero-day exploits. Hackers or malicious attacks might get through. Trend Micro in that sense is a very good product as it allows us to have access to the database all the time. The security is excellent. That is the most valuable aspect.

Technical support is quite knowledgeable and helpful.

What needs improvement?

The solution could use signatureless detection.

The EDR capabilities should be built into the solution. In my opinion, the native endpoint product should have the capability of EDR also. The product should be capable of actually building some behavior-based analytics so that it can actually detect signature lists.

I've been using the solution for about three months. However, I had been using a previous version of the solution, known as Office Scan, for the last two or three years or so.

The solution is scalable.

We currently have 2,000 users on the solution.

We intend to increase usage in the future.

We've reached out to technical support in the past and we've always gotten the help we needed. We're satisfied with the level of support we receive.

We didn't previously use a different solution. We've always used Trend Micro.

The initial setup is not complex. It's pretty straightforward.

The deployment doesn't take much time, however, it depends on the size of the organization. It's very slow to deploy the product to multiple clients. If your organization has a 10,000 user base, sit will take longer than if you have a 2,000 user base. It just varies according to the number of machines to which it will actually be deployed.

We have about 2,000 users and we have a team of three or four people that handle maintenance.

I am the security manager on the end solution security team in the organization. The deployment was actually done by the IT team within my team. We didn't need the assistance of consultants or integrators.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer.

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate this solution at a nine. It's been very good. We've been happy with the results so far.

More Trend Micro Apex One reviews from users