Trend Micro Apex One Review

Good protection, good ability to detect ransomware and malware, and competitive pricing

What is our primary use case?

We use it for protecting our endpoints. Both Apex One and Worry-Free Services are cloud-based services.

How has it helped my organization?

It has been detecting the management activities and quarantining them so that the continuity of our business is maintained. We had a ransomware attack, and Trend Micro was there to stop the attack, and we are still in business.

What is most valuable?

Its ability to detect ransomware and malware is the most valuable. Its protection is also good.

What needs improvement?

The portal is a little bit slow in loading. The cloud portal or management control should be a little faster. There seems to be a lot of load on their servers over there. Maybe they are using one server for multiple customers. It would be great if they can increase server performance in the cloud.

Its technical support and reporting can be improved. There is no proper reporting, and there is no PDF or things like that. They should include detailed reporting. An attack happened at a client's site, but we couldn't get the report on the same day. We were unable to provide a detailed report to our client. We approached the technical support, and even they didn't give proper answers. They need to improve the reporting capabilities, or the technical team should support us in providing these reports. They should include reporting in the solution.

They should also insert sandbox analysis in Apex One.

I have been using this solution for more than a year.

It has good stability.

Its scalability is good. We can scale it. We just need the licenses. In my company, we have 20 users, but we have also deployed it for our clients. We have plans to sell it more to our clients.

It is scalable for on-premises versions, but we need to do a few things to our database. For on-premises versions, we need to improve server performance as well.

Technical support should be improved. It is not as good as the other products. We had to generate a report on one of the attacks that happened, and they weren't much responsive.

The cloud services are straightforward, but the on-premises version of Apex One is not straightforward. It is a complex installation of Apex One.

The deployment duration varies. We have to first prepare all the prerequisites, which takes a lot of time. Overall, the installation takes up to two days. For a large enterprise, the deployment would take one to two days.

We are an integrator, so we implemented it ourselves.

Its pricing was good. It is very competitive with all the other vendors.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend to install and implement this solution. It is a good solution. For every solution, there'll be pros and cons.

I would rate Trend Micro Apex One an eight out of ten.

More Trend Micro Apex One reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Trend Micro Apex One. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.