Trend Micro Apex One Review

Lightweight, automatically scans websites and email attachments, and easy to use

What is our primary use case?

This product is set up on our company laptops and I used it to scan files to ensure there is no virus or malware on my PC.

What is most valuable?

Sometimes when I browse to a website, there will be malicious content and it will be pointed out by Trend Micro.

This product automatically scans my email attachments to make sure that there is no malware or any malicious code.

Another advantage is that the level of resources it consumes is not very significant. I can run a full scan and it won't cost too much in terms of resources, which is good.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see behavior analysis capabilities included. This type of module can effectively detect an attack, like ransomware. This is not something that I have at the moment.

The dashboard could be a little bit easier.

I have been using Trend Micro Apex One since I joined the company, six or seven years ago. The company was using it prior to that.

This product is quite stable and reliable.

There are between 200 and 300 users in the company.

Our IT department handles technical support, so if I need help then I don't contact the vendor directly.

Our IT department is responsible for deployment and maintenance. They follow ISO compliance and keep the product up to date.

Licensing fees are paid on a yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

This product is easy to use, doesn't consume too much in terms of resources, and has automatic scanning. Because of these features, I recommend it to other users.

More Trend Micro Apex One reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Trend Micro Apex One. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: March 2021.
473,605 professionals have used our research since 2012.