Trend Micro Apex One Review

Good technical support with a great complexity and the capability to scale

What is our primary use case?

Next month, we will implement the solution as our own primary endpoint solution. Currently, we have clients that are using it for the same purpose.

What is most valuable?

We've just started the distribution of Trend Micro Products. We're at the start of the process. However, it's my understanding that it is a very complete solution.

With the DLP addition, it's quite a good product.

The complexity of the product is very good. It has a lot of features. It covers many items and different parts of intrusions.

The solution can scale quite well.

We've found the technical support to be very helpful overall.

What needs improvement?

We're still in the early stages of using the solution. We need more time to do some installations and work with the product to really be able to evaluate it completely.

We had some challenges with the initial setup.

The solution should adjust its pricing for the smaller market we are in.

We've only been using the solution for about six months - or half a year. We haven't used the solution for that long just yet.

The solution is very easy to scale and quite flexible. If a company needs to scale, it can do so with ease.

We have our own global distributor, a local provider, and they have some technical personnel that covers the lower level of support queries. For a big issue, we contact the Trend Micro team directly.

It's very easy to contact both. They are very quick and responsive, They are quite knowledgeable and helpful. We're very satisfied with the level of service we are provided with.

The initial setup can be difficult. We had some issues, however, we worked with a local provider here in Bulgaria, and successfully performed this type of installation previously.

We had the assistance of a local provider that was well trained in implementation. They sorted out any problems we had and helped us set everything up. We were very satisfied with the results.

We have a small market in Bulgaria and the price is always the leading issue and the leading decision point. Trend Micro is a big vendor, one of the best vendors, in my opinion. For a couple of years they've been in the top three and top five as an antivirus solution. Therefore, the quality comes at a price. I try to explain to our customers and our clients that they are paying for quality. That said, due to the fact that Bulgaria is such a small market, the pricing doesn't match the expectations.

I am currently comparing this solution with ESET.

What other advice do I have?

We are both a distributor of this product as well as a customer.

I'd recommend the solution to other companies. We don't just offer it to clients. We use it ourselves. We believe in the solution. We see the value in it.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. Although there are some improvements to be made, it's a very complete product with good flexibility and a good level of flexibility.

Hybrid Cloud
**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Distributor
More Trend Micro Apex One reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Trend Micro Apex One. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.